Our original MATCOR flexible, linear anode, factory-packaged with backfill in a porous cloth housing with external PVC coated yarn braiding.
- Diameter: 1.50 inches (38 millimeters)
- Weight: 1 pound per lineal foot (1.4 kilograms/lineal meter)
- Flexibility: 3-inch minimum bending radius without damaging the anode or fabric tube
- Jacket: Continuous, permeable, heavy duty, suitable for field handling and for direct burial, made of inorganic material
- External Braid: PVC coated yarn; 24-stranded braid.
Primary Anode Properties
- Composition: Mixed metal oxide or platinum/niobium/copper core
- Inert in the presence of chlorine
- Life: Dependent upon the primary anode not backfill
- Configuration: Segmented anodes are not accepted—the primary anode will run continuous electrically within the fabric tube
Internal Header Cable Properties
- Composition: 7-strand copper cable
- Chemically abusive soils: PVDF/PE or ECTFE/HMWPE
- Connections: Primary Anode to Internal Header Cable: 10-foot intervals minimum
- Multi-step and waterproof
The fabric tube will be tightly filled with coke backfill having the following properties:
- Type: Calcined petroleum coke
- Fixed Carbon: 99.8%
- Moisture: 0.07%
- Volatile: 0.02%
- Ash: 0.1%
- Particle Size: 1.0 millimeter (max.)
Slideshow of MATCOR's SPL FBR Linear Anode. Click on the play button to start the show.
Captions are available by clicking on the images.